Here are our scary Trick-or-Treaters before venturing out Saturday night:
Adah went as a vampire, Gunnar a bee, and Maggie a witch. In the post title I was thinking “spellers” as in, Maggie’s a witch; witches cast spells. But, since Gunnar was a bee, I guess it could apply to him, too!
After a few false starts at other Halloween events I was unsure about how Gunnar would do, but he happily put on his costume and enjoyed walking from house to house with his sisters. He even said, "Trick-or-Treat!" (Or, maybe it was "thank you." They sound a lot alike.) At one house Gunnar even appropriately stopped to smell the flowers.
This year, instead of handing out candy, I decided to give out glow-in-the-dark bouncy balls. Damon didn't think it was a good idea, but all the Trick-or-Treaters exclaiming "cool!" let me know that I'd made a good choice. I ordered 144 balls and we RAN OUT! Luckily, we had anticipated that and bought some candy Saturday morning. I bet we had 175 Trick-or-Treaters.
Once our kids were finished, we left the house and headed up to "Pumpkin Lane" where some people from our church carve about 100 intricate Jack-o-lanterns. We didn't take our camera this year, so sadly have no record of the funny Dwight Schrute, John Wayne, Hannah Montana, or other impressive pumpkins.
This year even Damon and I dressed up. We went to a party the week before Halloween. Damon went as swine flu and I was a battery. A wise young man told me a made a good AA. I told him he was smart to not call me a size D. I got lots of mileage out of my costume at all the events for the kids (storytime, school parade, etc.). I even wore it Trick-or-Treating. It didn't get me much candy, but I know where the kids' bags are. ha ha
We had a fun Halloween and were very grateful that the rainy weather dried up in time for Trick-or-Treating.


No comments:
Post a Comment