Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A Little Spring In Our Steps

Springtime is coming right along in the Gorge. Daffodils are in full bloom, as is our Japanese cherry tree. It doesn't actually yield any fruit, but the blossoms--and the serpentine trunk (do you see that?)--are awesome. The kids call it our "popcorn tree." Tulips are coming up at its base and should be blooming in a couple of weeks. Lilacs (my favorite) and dogwoods will follow, and the days will just get warmer and sunnier.

I've always said that fall was my favorite season, but this year spring is putting up some pretty strong competition. Maybe I'm just more in need of the sunshine and colorful flowers after such a gray, dull January and February.

The kids are surely enjoying the warmer, sunnier (sometimes), and dryer (sometimes) days. Here Gunnar and Adah race each other on the patio. See how intense Gunnar is about winning this race?

He's not always so fierce, though. What a cutie.

Maggie and I played soccer (well, we kicked the ball back and forth) for about an hour one sunny afternoon. She took Damon outside when he got home from work and showed him her powerful kick. Check out this action shot!

I can't wait for more blossoms, more sunshine, and more outdoor play!

No comments: