Tomatoes (from our garden), red onions, peppers, cilantro
I'm glad that I've learned to can. It seemed so intimidating, but now I've learned it's really not very hard at all. The first thing I ever canned were pears, and they take a bit of work. Last summer our Relief Society held monthly canning classes and I got to do some hands-on learning (side-by-side with the Klickitat County Homemaker of the Year, no less) that let me see how simple some things really are. Last year I canned like mad. I made pickles, and I don't even like pickles! (Something had to be done with all those cucumbers.) This year I'm definitely taking it down a notch (I'm not sure I'm going to even do pears), but I think making salsa is a great way to preserve our somewhat meager tomato harvest.
Now I just need to go buy some chips.



1 comment:
I feel like I failed you. I canned like crazy when I had little ones and never taught you how. Sorry. but if I could teach myself so could you. Right?
Post a Comment