Thursday, September 1, 2011

Zoo Snooze

Note: Check back later for updated information after I have the chance to interview Adah and Damon about their experiences.

In May Adah and Damon got the unique opportunity of spending the night at the Oregon Zoo. The "Zoo Snooze" is a program run by the Oregon Zoo and the school PTO organizes a group of 1st and 2nd graders every other year. Since I was still nursing Holly, it was a no-brainer which parent would take Adah to the overnighter. We decided that when Maggie's turn comes, I'll get a turn, too.

The Zoo Snooze began on Friday evening with special programs taught by zoo staff and volunteers. They got dinner and everyone rolled out sleeping bags in a couple of classrooms. I heard that they actually got a decent amount of sleep once the goofy noises and giggling stopped around 10:00. In the morning they were served breakfast and had some more scheduled programs before the zoo opened for general admission. The Zoo Snooze fee included zoo admission for the next day, so I brought Maggie, Gunnar, and Holly to meet Damon and Adah in the morning so we could all enjoy a day at the zoo together.

Our camera lens broke on the night of the Silent Auction at the end of April, so these photos are courtesy of a friend of mine who took her daughter to Zoo Snooze. She snapped a few of Damon and Adah throughout the event.














We broke for lunch at a little playground and ran into my friend and her family. Her husband brought their son to meet them, so we got a few more of her photos of the kids play.









We did see some live animals. We just didn't have the camera with us. The tigers, bats, and sea lions were some of my favorites.

No comments: