Sunday, March 25, 2012

Mormonism 101

Hi, I'm Jillaire. I'm a stay-at-home mom. I have a masters in American history. I'm a balloon twister. I'm a Mormon.

So begins my profile at mormon.org. It's a website meant to introduce the people and beliefs of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to people who are not members of the Church. It's also a great resource for Latter-day Saints for learning how to simply and succintly explain our beliefs. If you're not a member of the Church, I encourage you to visit it. You can click on the "Our People" link and then search for profiles that match your own demographic to read about people from your background who are Mormons. If you are a member of the Church, I encourage you to create your own profile and to also spend time on the site reading statements on belief and answers to FAQ. It will prepare you to answer questions when your friends and neighbors ask.

Another great resource is this article at the Church Newsroom site: Mormonism 101, where I discovered this cool "infographic." Most of the statistics come from Pew Forum studies.

I

I'm one of the 14,131,467. I'm proud to say that "I'm a Mormon." Following the teachings of Jesus Christ that I learn at church and in my own studies at home makes my life happier and makes me a better parent, wife, friend, and person.

1 comment:

Marian said...

Can't wait to show this to my missionaries. Well done!