Gunnar isn't enrolled in a preschool (yet, I hope). I'd like to send him, but with a mortgage in WA while we live in CA we're having to cut back on a few things until we sell our house. So, I started doing a little home preschool with Gunnar and Holly. We went pretty strong through September and into October, but then really lost our momentum and haven't quite picked it up again.
It never was very formal, but it provided some great one-on-two time with them, brought singing into our day, included lots of reading, and gave them a chance for a little craft time. Some of our themes were the alphabet, the letter B, space, teeth/dentists, and dinosaurs.
Here Gunnar works on writing the letter B and some coloring.
Holly got the cast-off printable that came out the wrong size, but she didn't mind.
The art project on "B" day was to paint coffee filters that were then pinched in the middle with a clothespin to make butterflies. Oops--I didn't get a photo of any finished butterflies. No matter, the kids are the real stars of the show here.
Gosh, writing this post and seeing these photos makes me think I need to get back in gear with our preschool. There were some fun balloon projects we never got around to doing . . . .





No comments:
Post a Comment