Monday, March 11, 2013

How Could I Miss?


Somehow I missed uploading these other photos from visiting Grandma's and Grandpa's house. Somebody needs to get a better camera, because it seems that lately we can't get many good photographs. There's so much sun in this state, we just don't seem to know what to do with it. (You'll see what I mean in some up-coming posts.)  Nevertheless, the memories are still captured in these sunny, blurry shots, so I'm sharing them anyway.

For the Thanksgiving and Christmas visits we took our sleeping bags so our kids could just camp out in the sitting room portion of the master suite. At Thanksgiving, Damon's parents were upstairs with the big kids while we slept downstairs with Holly on our floor. At Christmastime, they insisted we take the master suite and our whole family took over the upstairs of the house.

Here the girls are having a leisurely time reading in their sleeping bags in the morning sun.


Here, no doubt, they are watching something on TV. Probably Animal Planet. Gotta love Grandpa's cable.

And here was a favorite pastime: obstacle course races. The couches, of course, were the obstacles, and the kids came up with all kinds of serpentine and figure-eight-type routes that had to be run, timing everyone with a stopwatch.
 

Of course, Uncle Justin was right there racing and bounding around those couches as well.

We love going to Grandma's and Grandpa's house!!
 

No comments: