Here are some cute kids after their night in the tent. Everyone slept pretty well, aided by our comfy pillows, which we didn't have room for on the last camp-out (after which I made a note to always make room for my pillow in the future).
On the last trip I also made note of my cold ears and this time packed hats for everyone.
Then we broke camp, packed up the car, and re-parked the car near the visitors center so we could go hiking without worrying about getting back in time for check-out.
These morning rays of sun coming through the trees were just begging to be caught on camera. My family obligingly hammed it up in their poses.
Chosen One
We finally settled down at a rocky shore by the creek. I claimed a spot in the sun while Damon and the kids did some more exploring.
I found this butterfly softly resting on some of the rocks nearby.
Until he pretty much fell all the way in. The only dry thing for him to wear was Maggie's pink fleece. He was not loving that, (although I think he's smirking here, so maybe he didn't mind so much).
We eventually had to leave the creek and finish our hike. We were all getting hungry and wanted to get back to the car where our lunch--and dry clothes--awaited. We also had to get back for an afternoon birthday party for Gunnar and Holly and the Relief Society General Broadcast (a worldwide meeting for women) for me. I told you our weekends were busy!
Camping is fun, and even though it's hard work, I'm glad we make the effort. We always have a good time and make good memories with our kids.
1 comment:
First comment
Post a Comment