Sunday, January 5, 2014

Sailing Away

Damon's been working on a new project, and it required the purchase of a remote-controlled sailboat.  Yes, required. I try not to get in the way. He does dishes. He bakes bread. He comes home from work at a very decent hour. And, as he reminds me, he "could be out drinking in some bar." So, if he wants to buy a sailboat every once in awhile, I'll be supportive.* 

The first Saturday in November was a lovely day with a light breeze, so he found a local park with a lake and we sent the boat out on its maiden McMillan voyage. (Maiden for McMillans since it is a used boat.)
Everyone got a turn steering.




We liked chasing the ducks.
After my turn (no photo of Mom, of course), I enjoyed sitting on a blanket on the shore, but the kids started wading in that chilly water. Adah didn't stop until she had built a little stick-and-rock fortress and was wet up to her bum.
Gunnar was pretty well soaked up to his waist, I believe. 
I don't know when I'll finally learn that if we go visit a body of water, my children WILL get wet. I should just bring extra clothes, no matter how cold it is or what other activities are on the agenda. They'll get wet.  I wasn't too happy about it, but they didn't mind, so I guess I shouldn't have either. I'm trying to mellow out and go with the flow...of water.


*If you really want to know more about Damon's latest endeavor, email or call him and ask about the Kinticky Project.

1 comment:

Joanna McMillan said...

Wow! Why didn't you tell us about your name 'Kinticki Project'...so apropos. How about painted feathers on the sail, Damon???