Sunday, April 6, 2014

Time at the Beach

Have I mentioned that Damon's parents built a house by the beach? It's a pretty great spot, and after eating our Thanksgiving dinner, most of us took a walk down the street to see the sunset over (or into?) the ocean.

This photo gives a good representation of how far down the street you have to go to get to the beach--not far. When I took it I was probably just one house past Craig's and Joanna's. There's the ocean. That's a cliff there, so you have to go down one of a couple sets of stairs to actually get to the beach, which at high tide is completely covered.
Cousins at sunset:
Turn around! You're missing it! (They didn't miss it.)
On Sunday afternoon we all wandered down to the beach again. Joanna was a few minutes behind us and I caught her looking out to sea on the cliff before she joined us down at the tide pools.





It was such a gorgeous day. It was actually December 1st! Can you believe it? It was nearly 80 degrees. I regretted only packing jeans because I was hot just strolling to and from the ocean. We loved the chance to soak up some sun and seek out anemones, hermit crabs, sea urchins, and the occasional starfish.

No comments: