. . . is her four front teeth!
Nearly two weeks ago Adah lost two teeth in three days. One was pretty loose and fell right out as she was eating some soup. The second tooth--not as loose--was reportedly "knocked out by Maggie" two nights later. I wasn't home at the time and apparently the girls were goofing around/rough housing and an otherwise mild collision popped Adah's tooth right out! Two tooth fairy visits in one week was quite a cause for excitement in our house and Adah's first grade classroom.
Now, why did I say that Adah wanted her four front teeth? Well, two of Adah's baby teeth never came in! So, now she has a roomy front gap (and "vampire fangs") that will hopefully be filled by 4 permanent teeth. We're actually not sure whether or not there are 4 teeth waiting to come down. Adah is a little overdue for a dentist appointment (I swear, I'll call this week), but previously our dentist basically said, "There's nothing we can do about it yet, so I'm not going to make you pay for an x-ray you don't really need right now." I actually liked that conservative view of matters and decided to just worry about permanent teeth later. Now that she's got some space, we'll see about those x-rays.
Meanwhile...Adah seems to be enjoying her gappy grin.

1 comment:
Tyler is anxiously waiting for his teeth to become loose. He makes me check his mouth all the time just to see if perhaps there is one loose that he is not aware of! I am actually a bit sad for that day to come. Baby teeth are just so dang cute!
How funny that Adah never got all her baby teeth! Is that common?
Post a Comment