Now I know he looks all studious--he's holding The Book of Mormon--and ready to go, but so far he's had a little trouble adjusting. I teach the gospel doctrine Sunday School class for adults, and as I was teaching the first lesson of the year I could hear Gunnar down the hall outside his old classroom wailing , "Nursery's not for babies!" Damon was trying to convince him that big boys go to primary and nursery is for babies. I had to have someone shut the door.
Gunnar has done a little bit better each week, but so far Damon has had to stay with him at least during sharing time and singing time. He likes going to his actual Sunbeam class. Fortunately, the same week Gunnar and several of his nursery cohorts moved up to primary, one of their nursery leaders and her husband were called to be the Sunbeam teachers. They are helping ease this transition, although bribery . . . er . . . an award system may soon come into play.


No comments:
Post a Comment