Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Mateys

The kiddos made their own pirate ship in the family room last week. Maggie's pink flannel blanket served as the sail, propped up on a pole from their Strawberry Shortcake tent (and probably clipped in place with some clothespins). If you look closely you can see the crossbones that Adah made (no skull, sorry). I believe Gunnar was the captain, although Maggie is at the helm (see the cardboard circle she's holding?).

Here they are with their best pirate faces.

I really love it when all my children play happily together. Gunnar often spoils the play of the older girls when they build forts and the like, but he is really getting old enough that he can join in more and more. This day was a fun one for all; even Holly seemed to enjoy tagging along (or bobbing, since I suppose she's technically in the "water" in these shots).

No comments: