Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Back at the Oakland Temple

On June 9, 2000 Damon and I were married in the Oakland California Temple. We made our first home in Boston, MA, then went on to Arizona, England, and Washington. While we visited family in the Bay Area on a number of occasions, we never returned to the Oakland Temple until this last October after moving to Milpitas. 
Here we are 12+ years later, now with four kids in tow.
 

 
I remember a nearly-identical shot of Damon and me (or just one of us?) going into or coming out of the temple on our wedding day, but it's packed away somewhere. If I can find it I'll scan it in for comparison.
 
 
Distance and lack of babysitters meant we still didn't get to go into the temple together, but we were excited to take the children and show them where we got married. When I came outside after my turn, who did I find waiting with Damon and the kids? Our bishop from the Bedford Ward in the UK!! His brother was getting married in the temple that day and he thought he'd recognized me as I walked into the temple to meet Damon. He wasn't sure until he saw Damon walk out a moment later. It was such a fun surprise and made our first trip back even more memorable.

No comments: