Adah reached double digits on October 22. We've been parents for a decade. Crazy.
Her birthday was on a Monday. The day before we went to Uncle Jotham's and Aunt Dana's house in San Mateo since Grandma and Grandpa were there, too. We had a mini-birthday party with presents and treats there. She got a horse book and posters and this really cool Crayola light-up animation toy. I can't remember what it's called, but it's really fun...and complicated. Adah's going to have to teach me how to use it.

Before school on her birthday she opened the complete Harry Potter series. Adah and I read the series simultaneously this spring--we shared a book or got our own copies and read them at the same time so we could talk about it--but she really wanted to own the set. She read the entire 7-volume series AGAIN between October 22nd and the beginning of December. I've now imposed a Harry Potter moratorium for her, although Maggie's now on the second book.
The books were a gift from us and from my parents.
Rather than a big birthday party this year, we opted to invite one friend over for dinner and then we all went to Great Jump, an indoor trampoline arena here in Milpitas. I forgot the camera, but we had a GREAT TIME bouncing and bounding on and across the rectangle of 20 or so trampolines! Even the walls were made of trampolines. With enough speed, you could bounce right off them and back where you came from.
When I put the candles on Adah's cake, I did the same thing my dad did for to me when I turned ten. I made a Roman numeral 10 (an X) on the top, but that only used nine candles. So the tenth candle got stuck in the side of the cake. ha ha It makes blowing out the candles just a little trickier...and hence more fun, right?
Adah wanted her cake to be her three favorite colors: purple, blue, and green. It worked a bit better than my last attempt at a multi-colored cake.
At ten, Adah is a voracious reader. She loves Harry Potter, but enjoys reading a wide variety of books. Newberry winners Johnny Tremain and The Twenty-One Balloons were recent reads. She also loves horses and has begun drawing them very well. Adah loves to give hugs and we have to warn her to not do it too tightly. She's a great big sister and can be very helpful when it comes to making soup or pancakes for everyone or buckling Holly into her carseat. We're proud of her success in school and in how we are seeing her testimony of the gospel grow. She's now working on a goal to read the entire Book of Mormon on her own.
We love you, Adah!






No comments:
Post a Comment