Monday, August 5, 2013

A Little Arboreal Excitement

I never posted these photos of a little episode in our backyard on a windy April afternoon.

The neighbor's tree broke off right at ground level and came tipping over the fence onto our patio! Maggie saw the whole thing. When I went out to investigate by peeking over the fence, I almost couldn't figure out where the tree had been. There was no broken trunk. No stump. Nothing. Finally I spotted a place in the ground where the tree had been. It was pretty strange.


It just missed the patio cover and, surprisingly, didn't damage the fence at all.

Our neighbors were still at work when this happened, and when Howard came over that evening after spotting a tree trunk hanging over his back fence, Damon really enjoyed giving him a hard time about it. We weren't really worried about it. No harm done.

Their gardener chainsawed the whole thing a few days later and after a bit of sweeping, that was the end of it.  It sure was a strange view out our sliding glass door that week, though.
 

No comments: