Other than riding the rides, we spent a lot of time ogling Lego models. My favorites were things that were familiar and seeing how they made them out of Legos. That's one reason I took so many pictures of the Star Wars models.
They couldn't make the stadium to the same scale as the other models because it just would have been way too big.
Miniland USA is the part of the park with all the Lego models, and it had well-known sites from some of the major US cities. Here's the Hollywood Bowl, with Maggie and Gunnar for scale:
Mt. Rushmore, viewable from the Coast Cruise, which was a calm boat ride through a lake at the center of Legoland. Only the faces of Mt. Rushmore are Legos. They're attached to the rock (fake or real? not sure).
The Las Vegas models were among my favorite since the architecture there is already so fantastic that it's fun to see them recreate it with Legos.+
1 comment:
I can't tell you enough how JELOUS my boys are! They were enraptured with these pictures. I have to say Damon looked more than thrilled to be in car #7 (previous post). :-) We'll have to come visit. Miss you guys being so close. I still think of you every time we drive to Portland.
Post a Comment