Friday, September 6, 2013

Make-up Father's Day

Although my kiddos were excited to go to Utah in June, they were pretty devastated when they realized we'd be gone on Father's Day. I think one of them actually burst into tears. They love their dad. Damon was actually okay with us being gone that day; I mean, of course he missed us, but there were no tears. He got to spend the day with his father, and I with mine, which was kind of a treat for us.

So, when we were back in California the next Sunday, the kids gave their dad a belated Father's Day relaxation treatment. Maggie pushed together the chair and couch in the living room and then they piled up just about every blanket and pillow in the house for Damon to rest on.


I believe that the relaxation involved a bit of a hairdo, complete with barrettes. Damon's such an accommodating daddy. Gunnar also gave him a foot rub....with a brush. ???

. . . and a foot smell? or maybe this was part of the foot rub. I hope Damon enjoyed it. I can't speak for Gunnar.

Damon is such a great dad and it makes me happy to see that his kids recognize it. They didn't want to let Father's Day pass without giving him some special attention, however wacky it was. I'm grateful to have a husband who is such a great dad. He plays with his kids and provides for our family. He's especially great at swooping in and taking over the parenting duties when this stay-at-home mom has had enough for the day. What a guy!

No comments: