I've had a few encounters recently that have encouraged me to return to blogging. I was moving along pretty consistently in the spring and then got derailed by some Picasa/Blogger photo uploading issues. It just got harder to blog. (Why do they have to change things that are working?) Then life kept humming right along while blogs--mine and my friends--continued to fall by the wayside. Who's blogging anymore?
Turns out, a few people are. And I enjoy reading their blogs. Julia, Liz, Maren, Marisa: Way to keep at it!
Who was reading my blog? I wasn't sure. But then a chance mis-text reconnected me with a friend to whom I hadn't talked in years! She said that she liked to follow my blog. Really? A reader? I thought maybe I should get back at it, even if it was just for an audience of one. (Thank you, Heather.)
Finally, during a schoolyard chat with yet another friend, I was reminded of one of the real reasons I ever started blogging in the first place: it's a record of my family's life. Simple as that. Whether anyone else is doing theirs or reading mine, this blog is where--for now--I've chosen to record what happens. It's my history. It's my family's history. That's worth the effort.
So, now that the Thanksgiving holiday is only a few days away, I've got some serious history to catch up on. The last post I published was from Thanksgiving 2013. I've got a whole year to record, and I'm going to do it. It'll take awhile, but I can do it.
3 comments:
Yup, that's why I do it. Glad to see you blogging again!
That's why i do it too. Readers are just a perk. I read your blog by the way ;)
That's why I do it too! And I publish a book of my blog each year which our family LOVES to look at. We've got 7 of them now and they are a hit! Keep it up Jillaire--I still love reading others' blogs!
Post a Comment