Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Christmas 2013

We feel lucky and blessed to be able to have lots of presents on Christmas morning. We know it's not the real reason for the season, but enjoy the joy of giving and then seeing people light up in delight as they open their gifts.

Here's a photo of all the "loot" before the kiddos descended.
The presents from Santa: Gunnar got a putting green, Maggie got a karaoke machine (which I found at a garage sale), Adah got some PVC pipes for making into backyard hurdles, Holly got a La La Loopsy doll.

And I surpised Damon with a guitar! The year before I gave him Guitar for Dummies to try out on a kid-sized guitar that we had. That quickly proved to be a lousy instrument for any real musical progress, so in 2013 I got him a "real" guitar.

Happy gift receivers:
Here's Maggie in her cupcake hat. This girl loves all things cupcake.
Nana and Gumpin (Jillaire's parents) gave all the kids their own colorful headphones. They are just perfect when we're riding in the car or we have multiple screens going in the same room. Wait...uh...did I just admit to that in a public forum? Eh...who are we kidding? Sometimes Gunnar doesn't want to watch whatever "girlie" movie his sisters have chosen (poor guy is often outvoted), and he gets his own computer or iPad time. (But, I swear, that's the only time. wink wink.)
Maggie does a little drawing in the aftermath of gift opening:
Adah stretched out in her own room with her new sketch book, pencils, and horse drawing how-to book.
Christmas night we had our traditional tamales, beans, and rice--just the six of us,
...and six little reindeer friends. (Maggie decorated these rootbeer bottles with her fun violin teacher at the end of a theory lesson earlier in December. She guarded them until Christmas day when she gave one to each member of the family.)

No comments: