Yesterday Adah and Maggie, who share a room and bunkbed, were not getting along so well. As Adah does more reading and writing in school, she increasingly likes to express herself with the written word, so she made this sign for her bed: "No Maggie [crossed out] up [arrow]. OK!"

Indignantly, Maggie asked me to spell the following:
Last night I was at a Young Women activity when the final sign was added to the door (which made me laugh out loud when I realized what it said):

Translation: "No Maggie allowed to watch Adah read."
This morning, all was forgiven as Adah tore down her signs and said, "Maggie, may I get on your bed now?"
2 comments:
Love it! My girls share a room too and Camille got the great idea one day to draw a line down the middle of the room so that Chloe couldn't get to her side and into her stuff. Wonder where she got that idea?
I love when kids spell words themselves. It's so fun to see the spellings they come up with. Haley once spelled our last name "cloa."
And kudos to Adah (and her parents) for her conflict resolution this morning! :)
Post a Comment