On Saturday we finally bid farewell to longtime member of our family: our vacuum.
It may seem silly to some of you that we feel so strongly about our vacuum, but this little Hoover has a story. It's a survivor. I found this vacuum on our street in Boston when we were first married. I wheeled it home and plugged it in. It fired right up! However, it was missing a hose that connected the beater bar to the body of the vacuum. A trip to the Hoover store and $30 in parts later, we had an excellent $300 vacuum! It served us well for the next 7 years, or so, until its brush was so worn out and the burning rubber smell forced us to retire it.
Buying a new vacuum proved to be very difficult. Hoover's newer generation Wind Tunnel just isn't the same. I didn't really appreciate our vacuum until I tried to replace it. We've actually kept it in the garage for the last 12-18 months (wow, has it been that long?) because the attachments still worked and it was great for those messy jobs. But on Saturday I finally convinced Damon that it had to go.
Adieu!

No comments:
Post a Comment