One treat we made were chocolate-dipped marshmallows. This was a simple "candy" that even Gunnar could make. We dipped the marshmallows in melted chocolate chips and then dipped them in crushed Oreos, Nilla wafers, and graham crackers and sprinkles.
We ran out of marshmallows (left over from s'mores at our ward campout), so we made some dipped Nilla wafers and then I combined all the remaining melted chocolate and broken graham crackers with some mini marshmallows. Adah was excited to package some of these treats as a "welcome to the neighborhood" gift for her best friend who moved into a house on a nearby street.
We had some more kitchen fun a few weeks later. Adah and Maggie each invited a friend over to decorate sugar cookies, which we baked the day before. This is always a fun thing to do with friends, but baking sugar cookies is such a lot of work that I really had to gear up for it. We planned this activity about 3 weeks before we actually did it!
And...the finished product. Those kids sure love sprinkles, I tell ya.




No comments:
Post a Comment