Saturday, September 11, 2010

Super Siblings

This post is mostly about just showing off some cute pictures of the big kids with their baby sister, and also to tell about how good Adah and Maggie, and even Gunnar, have been with Holly these last 3 months.

The girls have especially been a big help to me this summer. They run and grab burp cloths or pick up fallen pacifiers. They get things for Gunnar when I'm feeding Holly and can't get it myself. They both are extremely adept at holding her, and remain remarkably calm even when Holly is freaking out on their laps. (Sometimes that happens when I've just gotta do something--like change Gunnar's diaper or get something out of the oven--before I can sit down and feed her.) They just love being big sisters, and I love watching them at it.

Gunnar loves his baby sister, too. Lately he has taken to getting in her face--which is frustrating--and saying things like, "Yes you are; yes you are," or "goochee-goo"--which is cute (and strange, since I don't think we say those things to her; we're not sure where he learned it).

Here's Holly joining in on Gunnar's bedtime story:

Adah was just taking some time to quietly read The Friend to herself and without being asked put Holly on her lap to help keep her happy.


I'm glad my big girls are back in school, but I will miss all the help that they give me with their baby sister, and I think Gunnar even misses them being around. Still, I think it gives Gunnar a chance to step up as the big kid. Already he's been able to be the one running for burp cloths and pacifiers.

No comments: