Soccer season is upon us. Both girls are playing this season, after taking a break last year to pursue other activities.
Maggie is having a great time, despite being the only girl on her 6-player team. They play 3-on-3 games where no one really keeps score. At this point in her career, it's about having fun and beginning to learn some fundamentals. Really, though, her team, the Gliders (or alternately Aqua Gliders--Aqua Glide is their sponsor) is pretty much dominating the competition. mwa-ha-ha
Here's Maggie's cheering section at her first game. (We were nearly late because Adah was making her "Go Maggie !!!!!!" sign.)
We don't have any good action shots of Adah's soccer season thus far. Her team, the Blue Barbies (she swears the boys voted for that name; "I think they were just trying to be mean," she said)--who I call the BB's or Blue B's--play other 1st and 2nd graders in 5-on-5 matches.
Adah is a little less vigorous on the field than her sister and isn't sure she wants a future in soccer. We'll see, I suppose. For now, she's having fun on the field with the other BB's.




No comments:
Post a Comment