Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A Visit

We got a visit from Damon's parents, aka Grandma and Grandpa, in early September. They were en route to their own "Amazing Race" trip through Canada via trains, ferries, and the occasional taxi.

We were happy to relax with them on the front porch and to play Bananagrams at the kitchen table (after the kids were in bed).

Joanna (aka Grandma) and I also had our own harvest festival with basil, tomato, and zucchini. She picked, plucked, washed, and whirred our basil plants into several jars of delicious pesto sauce.

She also sliced cherry tomatoes and dehydrated them for her own supply of "sun"-dried tomatoes. (I've since made another batch for myself). I grated zucchini for bread and cakes and also made some fabulous sweet potato muffins. We filled the freezer, only eating some of our creations that weekend. I was just trying to get through all the produce piling up in my garden, pantry, and fridge before it spoiled and having some extra hands in the kitchen (Grandma) and with the kids (Grandpa) made it all possible. Thanks, guys!

And come again!

No comments: