Sunday, August 28, 2011

Bookmarks & Balloons

Maggie entered a bookmark design in our library's annual bookmark contest. She drew a lion next to a stack of books and wrote, "Read out loud with a lion roar!" She won an honorable mention award at our local branch. (I think she didn't win because librarians really don't want any roaring in the library, but who's to say?)


In mid-April there was a small party to honor all the winners.




The library wanted some balloon artists at the party, and word got out (on Facebook, I think) that I can twist balloons. Well, my friend at the library did some twisting of her own (of my arm) and I agreed to my first real gig. I learned a few new animals for the event, got some practice at Christian's birthday party, and brought Adah along because she's pretty good at it, too.



Adah wore an elephant hat and I wore mouse ears to make things a little more playful. We had fun twisting balloons for all the little party-goers and I now feel much more confident in my artistic abilities. At least when it comes to balloons.


No comments: