The first two years we went (Adah's kindergarten and first grade years) the songs for each grade were exactly the same. It was the same program, just sung by kids who had grown up one year. So, while we do have a full-time music teacher, it appeared that the teacher was getting a little burned out. We were very happy when we arrived this year to see a mostly-new song list on the playbill. We even got there early enough for Adah to help hand out programs at the door.
The kindergarteners were up first. Their finale was an oldie (we'd heard it before), but still pretty much a goodie: Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun, please shine down on me! Maggie's there on the top row, second from the left. This was the only photo we had where she didn't have red eyes. (Our good camera's lens broke, so now we're using the girls' less-good cameras.)
The 2nd-graders went last. Adah's that short one on the top row. I had three thoughts as I looked at her up there: 1. I didn't know Adah was so short for her age; 2. How did she get in the same row with the tall kids? and, 3. How did we get such a short kid? It was seriously a surprise for me.
Holly enjoyed eating Cheerios as much as she enjoyed the concert, I think. It was a little tricky keeping her with us since she'd started walking within a few days before the concert. I'll have to look for some photo footage of that. Four months later, now, it seems so normal to have her toddling around everywhere. The concert was 8 days before her birthday.




1 comment:
And now I have Mr. Sun stuck in my head. Lovely. ;)
Post a Comment