Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Cute Kids of April

Here's a small collection of the cute things that happened around our place in April.


Batman on his Batmobile



Adah taught Holly a few scales.




Gunnar really took to writing and drawing a lot this spring. One day he came up to me with an envelope and asked, "Mommy, what does this say?" as though he were teaching me something. I looked down and he had written his name! I was astonished. I had no idea that he could do that. I nearly cried and asked if I could have the envelope. It's tucked away in a scrapbook, along with his earliest drawings of tigers and Perry the Platypus. He's a little skeptical of being observed while at work.


As is this one.

And this one is totally unaware of being observed. Maggie was already reading a bit when she began kindergarten, but she really mastered it during the school year. She loves Elephant and Piggie books by Mo Willems and Fancy Nancy, which are great vocabulary-builders.



Adah loves to read as well. She stays up way too late and will read just about anything. This year she discovered The Frog Princess series by E. D. Baker. I found The Dragon Princess for her at the library and she's been working her way haphazardly through the series ever since, intermingled with books on many other subjects, from dog and horse care to Little Women, which she started this summer and hopes to finish by her birthday.



In April Holly was standing up and cruising around on furniture, but pretty much crawling anywhere she wanted to get quickly.



No comments: