Thursday, January 19, 2012

Christmas Sleepover

This year we started what may become a new tradition in our family: a "sleepover" in the family room.
School was out during the whole week before Christmas, so we promised the kids that on one of those nights they could sleep out in the family room in their sleeping bags.  We combined it with another favorite tradition, watching A Christmas Story and it made for a fun holiday night.

After some fruit, cheese, & popcorn for dinner on a tablecloth in front of the TV (another favorite anytime tradition), we changed into our jammies and finished the movie snuggled up in sleeping bags.  Damon joined the kids on the floor for the night, but I declined.  I was genuinely concerned that Holly would be scared if she woke up in the night and we weren't in our room.  Conveniently, that meant I ought to (and got to) spend the night in my own bed. : )
 
Everyone else was comfy-dandy on the floor that night.  They loved their sleepover.

No comments: