It's January 8 as I sit here and type this. I've been desperately behind on blogging for months now, but I'm slowing whittling away at past photos and fun times. Looking out my window, I see sunshine and blue skies. It's cold, but it's not gray and rainy. This is very unusual. In fact, the only significant snowfall we've had this winter was in November--a week before Thanksgiving! We did not have a white Christmas. We haven't had a single snow day at school. And the sun is shining in January! The first January we lived here it rained everyday for more than 30 days and I remember the moment that the sun came out. I was on the phone with my sister-in-law Joette and I excitedly told her that the sun was shining. She wasn't too impressed. "No! You don't understand! I haven't seen the sun for over a month!" I exclaimed. It was a big moment in that first Northwestern winter. Now I'm a bit bewildered by all this sunshine.
I digress.
This post is about our first snow back on November 16 and about my four kiddos being outside playing in it together. I would have been out there with them, but the snow came so early that I didn't have boots for Adah yet and she was wearing mine (with 3 or 4 pairs of socks).
See this blurry photo? I was moving fast to shut the sliding glass door to protect me from that snowball!
Cute Holly, all bundled up and trying to figure out this cold white stuff.
Fortunately, after the cold and wet, everyone had some snuggly new pajamas to wear. Don't you love fleece? And don't you think these kids are the cutest when they're hugging each other?




No comments:
Post a Comment