From our campsite at Plaskett Creek Campground we could hear the ocean waves. It was just a short walk out of the campground, across Highway 1, through this meadow,
and down this trail to get to the ocean. (Gosh, I guess that didn't sound short! Really, it wasn't far.)
I spent a long time just sitting in the sun on a rock and the children kept bringing me the interesting rocks, shells, seaweed, and parts of sea creatures that they found. I felt like a queen being presented with gifts. Damon kept telling me to get up and look around, but I told him I didn't have to since they were bringing everything to me!
Holly loves ladybugs right now and she was in heaven because they were everywhere on the rocks and sand. I'm sure she spent much of her time at the beach with a handful of 3 or 4 ladybugs, always reluctant to let them go.
I knew that we were near a place called Jade Cove, so we spent a lot of time trying to find green rocks that could be jade. We're not sure whether or not any of it was genuine, but we did find a lot of rocks with green veins in them. Gunnar found this big rock with so much green in it that he wanted to keep the whole thing and carried it all the way back to our campsite! He's a strong and determined little boy.
I always love seeing how much my family enjoys being at a shoreline and can entertain themselves for so long when surrounded by water, rocks, and beautiful landscape.
No comments:
Post a Comment