Friday, February 20, 2009

Family Home Evening Board

Yesterday I finally finished our Family Home Evening board for organizing assignments. Damon made this magnetic board a LONG time ago, framing metal flashing with material leftover from our countertop. We didn't really know what to do with it until I decided to add some vinyl letters and . . . voila!
Our names are on wooden plaques that I spray painted silver and then roughed with steel wool. Then I just attached adhesive magnets to the back. The vinyl letters are from http://www.thelettercafe.com/. She'll customize to your choice of font, color, size, etc. for a good price. (And she gives discounts for Church projects. I've ordered things for Young Women.)

We hope this board will help us be better prepared for our Family Home Evenings. The girls argued over who got to be in charge of the activity. Hopefully it won't inspire family arguments!

2 comments:

Marc and Liz Anson said...

I really really like it! We already have a FHE chart but I can see this idea working as a chore chart...

Marc and Liz Anson said...

Oh where did you get the magnetic board?