The children were most excited for the arrival of Nana and Gumpin (my mom and dad) on Friday, September 2. My parents had just closed on the sale of their condo in Salt Lake City, stored most of their worldly possessions in two storage pods, and moved themselves into a friend's basement apartment in prepration for going on a mission for
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The next day they got in the car and drove to Washington. They planned to fill out their paperwork while visiting us in White Salmon for a week's visit.
The kids made a welcome sign . . .
. . . and after dinner they went out on the driveway to await the arrival of my folks. There was lots of cheering and flag waving when they drove up.
The kids loved having Nana around. Holly even warmed up to her a little. (She's a mama's girl.) Gumpin took the three big kids golfing with him on two different days; Gunnar got one-on-one for his first venture onto the "special grass." (That's how my dad teaches the children respect for the putting green.) And, thanks to a friend who took Holly all day and Gunnar most of the day (minus the golfing trip), my mom and I got to take a whole day to go shopping without kiddos!
They brought us a wonderful gift: their telescope. They decided that they didn't want to store it, so they gave it to us. We are so excited and look forward to learning more and more about the night sky with the kids.
Adah is especially intrigued. Stay tuned to see how the telescope inspired Adah's birthday party this year.
Also stay tuned to see the real reason my parents came for the Labor Day weekend. . . .
2 comments:
Ummmm . . . . Totally waiting for that real reason for your parents visit. I’m intrigued. Isn’t it great to have grandmas and grandpas in the world?! I love the paper dolls from the previous post. If I were more artistic, I would totally do that for my nieces.
The photos are uploaded.... I just need to type up the post.... This being mysterious thing is fun. : )
Post a Comment