Wednesday, November 16, 2011

One Last Day of Summertime Fun

The weekend after Labor Day we still had warm and sunny weather.  With our neighbor, the kiddos got in their swimsuits and pulled out the hoses for a last hurrah before the fall weather set in.  I had a watermelon in the fridge that seemed to be the perfect afternoon snack.  When I cut it open, it was bright yellow!  I'd never seen a yellow watermelon, and I was a little worried, but it tasted just like a red watermelon.  It was sweet and delicious.
Everybody loved it.
And loved it.
Grant is our next-door neighbor and he's great fun: a nice kid and he gets along so well with all of mine. The kids made their own little "pool" from a plastic planter.  One of them could sit in it at a time.

After totally soaking our lawn, they all went next door to run in Grant's sprinklers.

And just one more good hot-weather popsicle moment,
or two.

No comments: