Monday, February 25, 2013

Back in the Saddle Again

After Adah's first ever trail ride through the hills above White Salmon, she asked if she could go on another ride if she paid for it herself. She immediately started saving her money.  Once she had that $40 saved up, she was just itching to get back on a horse again and was quick to find a stable once we moved to Milpitas.
On a wet and misty Saturday in November, I took Adah to a riding stable in the hills above Milpitas.  She enjoyed her time on the ride, although because of the rain, they didn't take them on the normal trail; it was apparently too muddy and slippery. Instead, they walked down the road and then back up again--right along the exact route that we used to drive there!  I was pretty upset once she got in the car to drive home and I learned about her "trail" ride. I phoned the ranch when we got home to express my dissatisfaction. I told them that because we live nearby, we would have rather rescheduled for another dry day and gotten what we thought we paid for if they had only given us the choice. To their credit, they quickly offered a free ride at a time of our choosing. I scheduled it for the end of January and also reserved a spot for Maggie, since by then she'd be 8 and old enough to go on the ride.

Honestly, I don't think Adah minded her road ride too terribly. This girl loves horses and was just happy to be in the saddle.
Adah & Orchid before their ride

Orchid

No comments: