While Damon was away for a job interview one weekend, I took the kids to see Panther Creek Falls. This Saturday evening adventure can be chalked up to my desire to take in as much of the Gorge scenery as possible before our move. I had never even heard of Panther Creek Falls until about a week before we went there, but I knew that there were so many cool things to see and do in the Gorge that we had never before done, that I was keeping my ears and eyes open for new possibilities. Some friends of ours went camping near here and told me about it, so the children and I packed up a picnic and set off to find this spot a few miles north of Carson, WA.
The trail was a bit tricky to find from the parking lot--we overshot it--but once we found it, the falls were just a short way down a path carpeted with pine needles.
The trail was a bit tricky to find from the parking lot--we overshot it--but once we found it, the falls were just a short way down a path carpeted with pine needles.
Pretty cool, huh?
The platform overlooking the falls was pretty high up, such that we were practically level with the top of the falls, and it was a loooong way down to the pool:
We ate our picnic on the platform, listening to the water roaring. We were lucky enough to have the whole place to ourselves. The only other visitors had returned to the parking lot just as we were arriving.
My only regret is that we didn't discover Panther Falls sooner so that we could have shown the place to Damon and have visited more than once. I bet it's beautiful now as all of the leaves are changing colors.





No comments:
Post a Comment