Hello to all my loyal readers. Are there any of you? Well, if you've been waiting for some blogging from me, hopefully you know the reason behind my absence from "the Hood" these last months: we moved.
We moved to California for Damon to start a new job. I spent most of the summer anticipating a possible move (and not talking about it), traveling with Damon for an interview or holding down the fort while he traveled for an interview, looking at schools and real estate online, praying about what to do, deciding what to do, finally talking about it with everyone, cleaning and fixing the house to put it on the market, and then packing packing packing--that last part while Damon was off starting his new job. The last month has been spent unpacking, organizing, finding my way around to schools, stores, parks, church, and all the other places I've needed to go. I hope you can see that time and energy for blogging have been sparse.
In the middle of all of this, we did squeeze in some final fun in and around our home and even a trip to Canada to visit my parents. We've also made our first trip to the beach here in CA. So, stay tuned and eventually I'll get caught up and share photos of all our fun, the kiddos, and our new place. I've already got many photos queued up and ready for posting, so hopefully it won't be long.
p.s. Can I still call it "Views of the Hood"? Mt. Hood isn't right outside anymore.
4 comments:
Wow Jillaire! You've been busy! Where in CA are you? Hope you're settling in well!
love,
maren
Me, me! Loyal reader over here. :) Man, you finally get a blog name and then you move. You might have to call it "Views of the 'Hood" now. Until you figure out something better.
(Or you could just move back.)
Huh? What? Who said that? ;)
How exciting! There is so much natural beauty in CA, so I'm looking forward to your newest updates. :)
Maren--We're in Milpitas, which is southeast Bay Area, just north of San Jose. Sarah--It's funny that you say that. If you could just see where we live, especially compared to where we left! We'll have to travel a little further to see the natural beauty here. In WA it was right outside our door. Still, there are good things about being here, which I'll blog about in more detail...when I get to it. : )
Post a Comment